I’ve written a number of articles and pieces for local and national publications, as well as on my personal blog CuriousKind. You can also find many of my older posts on the Library Garden blog and on the ALA Learning blog (now archived here and on the Internet Archive.)
- Meditation on Makerspaces, Missions, and Other Matters, CuriousKind blog, May 9, 2015.
- A Tipping Point for Mindfulness Meditation. Guest post for Tame the Web. April 29, 2013.
- 10 Steps to Promote Learning in Your Conference Presentation, ALA Learning, Feb 2, 2010. (Also published in The Whole Library Handbook 5: Current Data, Professional Advice, and Curiosa. edited by George M. Eberhart. ALA Publishing, 2013.
- The Power of Customer Comments in the NJLA Reference Section Newsletter, October, 2008.
- Finding Your Voice(s). ALA Learning, September 10, 2008.
- Cover Story: “Enhancing the Library as a Third Place”, in New Jersey Libraries Newsletter. Fall, 2006. (also republished in The One Person Library, V.25 #6, October, 2008 and in slightly different form at Library Garden.)
- Cover Story: “A Marketing Plan for Virtual Reference”, in MLS: Marketing Library Services, vol. 17, no. 5, September/October 2003, pp. 1-3.
- Feature Story: “Managing a Statewide Virtual Reference Service: How QandANJ Works”, in Computers in Libraries, vol. 23, no. 4, April 2003, pp. 26-31.
- Feature Story: “Statewide Supplemental Reference Service: New Jersey’s Model for Backup Reference Service”, in Public Libraries, vol. 10, no. 4, July/August 2001, pp. 235-239.
Selected ALALearning Blog Posts
- Ten Steps to Promote Learning in Your Conference Presentation
- Learning and User Experience. Good UX=Good LX
- Five Tips for Successful Webinars
- Finding Your Voice(s)
- Nine Reflections on Co-Presenting
- How To Ignite Your Passion
- Talking Good: Giving Effective Presentations
- Ten Questions to Ask Every New Employee
- Five Questions that Will Improve Your Effectiveness
- Convenience (a companion piece to The Human Touch)
- The Ten Principles of Improv and Why You Should Care
- What Story Are You Telling? (a guest post on Tame the Web)
- Get Your Head Out of Your OPAC
- Library as Place
Customer Service Tips