Here are some links to selected published writings.
- 10 Steps to Promote Learning in Your Conference Presentation, ALA Learning, Feb 2, 2010. (Also published in The Whole Library Handbook 5: Current Data, Professional Advice, and Curiosa. edited by George M. Eberhart. ALA Publishing, 2013.
- The Power of Customer Comments in the NJLA Reference Section Newsletter, October, 2008.
- Finding Your Voice(s). ALA Learning, September 10, 2008.
- Cover Story: “Library As Place”, in New Jersey Libraries Newsletter. Fall, 2006. (also republished in The One Person Library, V.25 #6, October, 2008 and in slightly different form at Library Garden.)
- Cover Story: “A Marketing Plan for Virtual Reference”, in MLS: Marketing Library Services, vol. 17, no. 5, September/October 2003, pp. 1-3.
- Feature Story: “Managing a Statewide Virtual Reference Service: How QandANJ Works”, in Computers in Libraries, vol. 23, no. 4, April 2003, pp. 26-31.
- Feature Story: “Statewide Supplemental Reference Service: New Jersey’s Model for Backup Reference Service”, in Public Libraries, vol. 10, no. 4, July/August 2001, pp. 235-239.
Here are some links to selected ALALearning posts
- Ten Steps to Promote Learning in Your Conference Presentation
- Learning and User Experience. Good UX=Good LX
- Five Tips for Successful Webinars
- Finding Your Voice(s)
- How To Ignite Your Passion
- Talking Good: Giving Effective Presentations
- Ten Questions to Ask Every New Employee
- Five Questions that Will Improve Your Effectiveness
- Convenience (a companion piece to The Human Touch)
- The Ten Principles of Improv and Why You Should Care
- What Story Are You Telling? (a guest post on Tame the Web)
- Get Your Head Out of Your OPAC
- Library as Place
Customer Service Tips
- Creating a positive customer experience
- Do Daily Walk-throughs
- Be a Great Place For Teens
- Keep a “No” log
- Use Your Good Judgment in all Situations
- What Libraries Can Learn From Facebobok
- Dumping Rules…