High impact, experiential leadership development programs, grounded in the research of emotional and social intelligence.
FOCUS ON INFLUENCE
I believe that, regardless of our title or position on the organization chart, we all have opportunities to exert influence. Each of us can choose to connect with our own vision for a preferred future, identify options, and take responsibility for getting into action and exerting influence to achieve the desired goal.
I also believe that leadership is grounded in both social emotional intelligence, and effective leaders are deeply self-aware, authentic, and honest, and have the courage to act. I have a deep respect for the power of strong visions, healthy systems, and organizational cultures to align energies towards a positive goal.
Over 15 years of leadership development experience
- In 2013 and 2016, I co-facilitated a blended (online and in-person) leadership institute for the Oklahoma Library Association. This Institute was co-developed and facilitated with Dr. Sharon Morris of the Colorado State Library. This highly experiential Institute was built around the principles of Emotional Social Intelligence.
- From 2009-2011 I designed curriculum for, and co-facilitated, the ALA Emerging Leaders Program
- From 2007-2011 I served on the American Library Association Emerging Leaders Planning Committee, a select committee which is charged with instituting the Emerging Leaders program, creating a sustainable structure, and planning future programs.
- In 2007 I served as a Mentor for the Maryland Library Leadership Institute.
- In 2006/2007 I served as a Mentor for ALA Emerging Leaders.
- In 2004 I was a curriculum planner and a participant in the New Jersey Library Leadership Academy.
- In 2001 I was selected in a competitive process to attend a special “recall” planning session of the Leadership Institute at Snowbird.
- In 1998 I was selected to participate in the Leadership Institute at Snowbird.